Thursday, November 18, 2010

CHALLENGES!

So I was checking some things on line today, and decided to take a quick detour and check out what`s going on in the world. So of course I winded up on face-book briefly..."shame on me" suppose to be working! I came across Joe D`s page and saw a challenge about a lad that pushed 225lbs. 40 times. Now I don`t know about you, but that`s something serious..at least to me.

I thought it was interesting, so in a nano second I just decided to get up and do it. Crazy right! I loaded up the bench to 225, and did a brief warm up which I could have done better with...Sat, layed on the bench and proceeded to get busy with the weight. To me it was challenging,  I`m not one for endurance at all! I don`t like it, but I`ll do it if need be...After starting strong I finally  crashed at 32. I thought it was 35 but the film does`nt lie. Not bad..( had to pat my self on the back ) I`ll hit it.. today is thursday-let`s say Tuesday-I`ll hit it after I come from  James from Diesel Crews extravaganza..I`m sure there going to tear a new butt hole in me!

But CHALLENGES are a great thing! They force you to step up to the plate, it makes you step out your comfort zone, and push beyond the threshold that you`re use to. It keeps it spicy, and keeps training from becoming stale and boring. Give your body a different stimulis to adapt to, after a while if you don`t switch gears you will eventually lose focus and become a robot like most of the population out in the world and wonder why you`re not getting results.. Don`t become a statistic..step out of the box!

Coach Rob
Krank Systems

No comments:

Post a Comment